This really isn't supposed to happen. Ireland doesn't get snow. And besides, I had more than my fill of snow in Vancouver over Christmas! Nonetheless, as I type this we appear to be experiencing a mini blizzard. Hmm. Luckily it never seems to stick around for very long. Personally, I blame those groundhogs. Although... they don't actually do groundhog weather forecasting over here.
(edit - it's now torrentially hailing outside. Somebody build me an ark or something... a snow ark)
In other news... Happy February!
Things are ticking along quite nicely over here, I suppose. No new updates on the job hunt (maybe their offices are closed? Snow day, anyone?) but I'm feeling much more productive in my role as housewife/homemaker. This is partially due to my discovery of Getting Things Done, which I had heard about before, and then found at my aforementioned trip to the local library. Since I started reading it (I'm only about halfway through) I have started writing down any little thought that comes into my head - mostly along the lines of "Oh! I should do/buy/get X, Y, or Z". And it's made such a difference already!
Ok I may not have the suggested intricate filing system, but now I've started thinking "What on this list can I do now, and do quickly? And then what do I need to do after that to get this project off my list?" Really I'm finding it to be a much more effective type of "to-do" list. I'm a GTD convert. Woo hoo!
Potential employers take note! You thought I was organised before? Just wait...
February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi K - yup, we have snow here too! The airports are all experiencing shut down runways or delays in flights! Ick...I like blaming the groundhogs :) Ooh...that book sounds good, I think I might go out and buy it tomorrow. Thanks for the pep talk too! xoxo, Krish
Post a Comment