Alright... so I've been tagged in this meme quite a lot lately, but for the life of me I cannot come up with 25 interesting things about me (I'm stalled on 16). So instead, I thought I'd shake this up a bit and in the spirit of gushy soppiness that is Valentine's Day, I give you 25 things I love about B.
Note - those with weak stomachs or who are prone to cavities from excessive sweetness should probably not read this post!
1. I love that he is always willing to travel to new and exciting places. We've had some incredible adventures together, and will hopefully have many more! I also love that he wasn't terrified of my driving in Greece, even in the frantic rush hour traffic of Athens city centre.
2. I love that he humours me when I go into fanatic holiday research mode. Yes, I do actually care about the reviews a potential hotel got on Trip Advisor. It's never steered me wrong!
3. I love that he goes along with silly plans of mine, like bringing Bert and Ernie to Paris with us and taking photos of them at every important tourist site.
4. I love the way he gets lost in his music, that he gets incredibly nervous before a gig, and that he is incredibly giddy afterwards. I love how passionate he is about music. It's infectious. I love that the band are actually good, so I don't have to pretend that I enjoy their gigs, because I genuinely do!
5. I love that while I'm writing this, he is totally oblivious, sitting in the living room, yelling at the Irish Rugby team who are playing Italy in the 6 Nations.
6. I love that he wasn't afraid to take a potentially work-inappropriate risk and actually start up a relationship with me. Office politics be damned, says I!
7. I love the way that little kids are either completely fascinated by, or absolutely terrified by him. There really is no middle ground on this one. They either stare wide-eyed, mouth hanging open... or bawl incessantly.
8. I love that he came home and met my entire family (and all my friends) in the span of about 2.5 weeks over Christmas. That's a lot to try and take in, but it was really important to me. And to him.
9. I love that I don't think he fully understands how I can read an entire book in about 2 days. I also love that he's had about 5 books on the go for the last little while, and has yet to finish any of them.
10. I love that he usually understands when I need space because I'm having a rough time of things, or because I'm a little bit homesick, or because I'm having a bad day, without taking it personally.
11. I love that we have so many common interests, like religion (curiosity about), conspiracy theories, human rights, photography, etc.
12. I love that he says my lasagna is better than his mom's. Even if he's just saying it... I love that he says it.
13. I love to watch him work. He really cares about the people he helps, and treats everyone the same, regardless of the importance of their cases. I love that this reminds me of my grandad... one of the nicest, kindest people I've ever known.
14. I love that one of his favourite writers is often mistaken for a crazy homeless man. I love him too, I think he's brilliant.
15. I love that any gift he's ever gotten me is so well thought out that it shows just how well he knows me, and it's absolutely exactly what I wanted even if I didn't know it.
16. I love the way he laughs when he thinks something is really funny. "Giggles like a schoolgirl" seems to be the general consensus on how to define it.
17. I love that he talks about "our future".
18. I love how supportive he's been through my whole unemployment ordeal. I don't think I'd be anywhere near this calm and collected if it wasn't for his support.
19. I love that he moved heaven and earth, and used every contact in his arsenal to get me my Stamp 4 residency. I also love that it worked!
20. I love that he occasionally has frantic cleaning moments. Especially how sparkly and clean the apartment is when he's finished.
21. I love that we are just as happy to sit and home and watch DVDs as we are when we go out and do exciting things like going to gigs, or the theatre, or various festivals in the summer.
22. I love that he always tells me how beautiful I am, even if I've got a rotten cold and feel like death warmed over.
23. I love how close he is with his family, and how much they mean to him.
24. I love that he makes me happy every single day, and that I can't think of one single thing I'd change about the way we are.
25. Mostly I love the thought of how much this will embarrass the life out of him.
February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is very sweet babe...and I wish I was half as good as this makes me seem!! Xxx
Post a Comment