Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving, and once again, I missed out on the annual tradition of enormous turkey dinners, picking out our Halloween pumpkins at Bear's Fruit Stand in Keremeos, and watching various relatives succumb to turkey-induced comas.
But that doesn't mean I can't be a part of the spirit of goodwill this holiday is all about! And with that, I give you... Things for which I am Thankful.
1. I am thankful that my hard work and perseverance over the past 11 months has paid off, and I now have a brilliant job. I am thankful that I really enjoy getting up and going to work every morning. I am thankful that I have a job with an organisation that I truly believe in, and that leaves me feeling incredibly positive at the end of every day.
2. I am thankful for the love and support of my family. Although by now I'm well used to living 5000 miles away from home, I'm thankful that we can talk nearly every day over Skype, and that they can still be involved in things like wedding planning, because it's sometimes lonely doing it without my family nearby.
3. I am thankful for my friends. I am so lucky to have a wonderful, uplifting and inspiring group of friends who love me just the way I am. I'm thankful that even though we may be oceans apart, and not see each other for months (or in some cases, years), when we do finally see each other it's like we haven't been apart at all. I am thankful that they believe in me, support me and encourage me when I'm feeling a bit low.
4. I am thankful for B. Evictor (not killer, mind you) of spiders, maker of some tasty dinners, garbage removal service extraordinaire. As one of my mom's friends said, he's my protector. I'm thankful that he's in my life, that he loves and supports me unconditionally, and always believes in me. And I'm thankful that one day soon he's going to be my husband!
So I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, wherever you were. Eat loads of good food for me. Personally, I had pizza for Thanksgiving this year. Not quite the same, somehow.
October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment