Wow... it's getting dark so early, and I just know that once the clocks go back this Sunday (next Sunday for those of you in Canada) it's only going to get worse. I don't actually mind the added darkness... I love snuggling up under a blanket on the couch and watching tv or reading a book. At the moment I'm re-reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Yes, re-reading. Yes, I know it only JUST came out... I'm a fast reader.
Methinks a trip to the local library might be in order.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. As much as I love the autumn, what I'm anything but loving at the moment is the gale force winds and torrential rain we've had since Monday. Honestly. Number of umbrellas broken to date this week? 2. And I've only used them for the last 3 days!
Luckily I've become quite good at dodging rainshowers. This usually involves watching the clouds to see which way they're moving, figuring out how long it takes me to get from point A to point B (around 10 minutes) and making a break for it at the first hint of sustainable dryness.
Didn't quite time it right today though, and got soggy. Luckily The New Job comes complete with my own personal space heater, which for the last few days I have used as a clothes dryer. I suppose I could take a second bus and avoid my half hour walk-commute every morning, but where's the fun in that? Besides, I'm going to have a wedding dress to fit into!
Right, I'm off to search for Ark blueprints and to source two of every animal.
You know... just in case.
October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment