Alright... so I had a small hiatus for the past week(ish), but I promise it was only because I really had nothing of interest to report, and didn't want to bore you all with the mundane details of my (still) unemployed life.
But!
Things have been happening, and I'm now actually out-of-my-mind busy! What what what? I know... everything seems to happen all at the same time. It doesn't rain but it pours, as I mentioned on Twitter a while ago. At least this time it is pouring good things. So here goes:
1. Gainfully employed - er... volunteering
Success #1... I have a sort of job! As of last week I am officially back in the world of employment, working an average of 3 days per week as a volunteer PR and racer support person, attempting to organise a 10km charity run in Ethiopia in November. Job perk? I get to go to Ethiopia in November! So stoked...
2. Jobhunting
Fail. Just absolute, unequivocal fail. And at the risk of placing blame unfairly on others, it's entirely not my fault! Case in point? The recruitment agency I signed up with in March rang me with "the perfect job for you". So I went out for an initial interview with the HR manager and we got on like a house on fire. In fact she noticed I was engaged, mentioned that she was getting married in 5 weeks, and we spent most of the interview talking about wedding planning. Hah! So I figured I was in good standing for that job. What I did not count on was the GM, who apparently ignored the "this girl is seriously awesome" recommendation of the HR manager, took one look at my CV/resume and flat out refused to meet me. Back to the drawing board, then.
3. PR Course
Is going well. Have decided I am a PR genius in the making. Have also noticed a serious lack of modesty now that I've been at the jobhunt for this long. I'm awesome! Hire me!!
4. Rambling all over the place, and getting ill in the process
At the weekend B and I headed down to Wexford again, to attend his niece's confirmation. Now, my knowledge of the Catholic Church is based mostly on The Da Vinci Code, so I'm always left feeling a bit awkward in a room full of hundreds of people all doing and saying (and singing) the same thing as they've been doing all their lives. But hey, it's all a learning experience. I even got sprinkled with some of the holy water from the Bishop! I'm sure the Church would be scandalised to hear that... hah.
On the Saturday night I also developed a serious, severe asthma attack. At first I chalked it up to hayfever combined with the family's profusely shedding dog, but when it didn't clear up on our return to Dublin, I started to panic. I panic anyway about breathing related problems, but this time I hauled myself over to my GP, who gave me prescriptions for my inhalers (which I'd foolishly let run out months ago) plus the added bonus of a week's worth of steroid tablets. I am a walking pharmacy.
And that's about it for me, ladies and gents! Now that I'm in a bit more of a routine I'll try to update more frequently.... really.
June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Busy is good!
Woo Africa...what a cool perk!
Oh, and I'll see your steroid tablets and raise you some Toradol ;) Hope you're feeling better soon.
Post a Comment