May 19, 2009

Who needs holidays, right? ...right?

So here I am, alone in the apartment, and one nagging thought is running through my head.

"I could be in Poland right now."

It's silly, really. B and I booked this week-long holiday ages ago with his parents, because his younger brother is over in Warsaw teaching English and we thought it might be nice to go on a "family" holiday and visit him. I managed to find super cheap flights, a killer short-let apartment in the Old Town part of Warsaw...

...and then I bailed.

Ok, I didn't exactly bail as such, but we had booked everything before I knew the details of my PR & Event Management course. I knew there were going to be a few all-day Saturday sessions but they hadn't confirmed any dates at the time. Sure enough, though... when they finally did confirm the dates, one of them was smack bang in the middle of our trip. And I knew there would be no way I could go. I knew my conscience wouldn't let me miss the equivalent of 4 weeks of lectures, just for a holiday. I guess that's the high school nerd in me. I never was one for cutting class.

So B and the in-laws left at 5 this morning, and after getting up to wish them a safe trip and an enjoyable holiday, I went back to sleep. As I see it, that's the only real benefit of not being on this holiday - not having to go to the airport at some ungodly hour. Gotta look for the bright side of every situation, right?

But still... I could be in Poland right now. Sigh.

No comments: