May 8, 2009

Caped Crusaders... for social justice

The internet knows things about me. It's really quite frightening.

Ok, so I was the one who changed my Facebook relationship status thing from "in a relationship" to "engaged", but does that REALLY have to mean that every other ad I see is for wedding venues, photographers and hen/stagette parties? Ok ok, so I admit that I DID click on the photographer's ad... and he seems like a brilliant (and reasonably priced!) photographer. You've won this round, Facebook.

What I also found interesting is that with ONE mention on Twitter of wedding plans, I gained TWO new followers - a bridal shop just outside Derry, and a psychic/astrologer whose specialty is wedding astrology. She wrote a book called "Never Throw Rice at a Pisces"! I don't think I know any Pisces (anyone born between Feb 19 and March 20?), but I will be sure to make a note of it for any future Piscean weddings.

I decided against signing up for her US$350 bridal astrology consultation, but I did check our LoveMatch on another astrology website. I've said it before - I may have been unemployed too long when I start doing things like this.

Here is my favourite excerpt from what it said about me (Libra) and B (Aquarius):

"Both Aquarius and Libra are concerned with the betterment of the world and their fellow people. These two are an extraordinary duo for standing up for social justice or radical change in the community."

We're like superheroes! United, we are unstoppable! Nobel Peace Prize, here we come!

Is it tacky to wear a superhero cape over a wedding dress?

1 comment:

Mel said...

heh...I've never been to a superhero-themed wedding before ;) Could be fun!