March 10, 2009

Upbeat

Alright kids, I've had enough of the whole "feeling sorry for myself" malarkey. Starting now (well, actually yesterday) I've got a new lease on life and am feeling much better about things. And it's about time.

On the "my body hates me and wants me to be miserable forever" front, the anti-inflammatory pills have done a wonderful job and I have finally rejoined the world of the walking. Today I took my first tentative steps outside the apartment since last Sunday (that's over a week... yikes) and made it to Inchicore village with only a few minor twinges and gripes from the toe. Success! To be honest I never realised how much you can take something simple (like walking) for granted. It certainly won't happen again, as I now live in fear of The Pain flaring up again. Oww...

With increased mobility comes an increased determination on the jobhunting front too. I'm attacking job ads with a renewed vigour and enthusiasm, despite not hearing from at least 10 of the previous jobs I'd applied for. My new outlook? They don't know what they're missing... but boy, are they ever missing out.

I also cleaned the apartment yesterday for the first time in ages. Ages in this case being approximately a week. I don't have OCD or anything... I just notice crumbs and dust easier on our dark wood floors. Needless to say I don't think B missed my shrieks of "Get off my nice clean floors with your filthy boots!" while I was incapacitated...

In other news, it's finally beginning to look like spring. There's still a bit of a chill in the air, but the sun is (sometimes) shining and the daffodils are out in full force. Perhaps that's what's led to my rebirth of determination?

No comments: