If this is not your first time reading WtS you'll know that about three and a half weeks ago I finished up at my old job. You'll also know that I've been loving the unemployed life, including all the newfound health benefits.
Cue the possible spanner in the works.
The other day, B came home and said that work is looking for someone to help out downstairs, a few days or afternoons a week in the run-up to Christmas. "Someone" can safely be translated as "me". They're willing to pay as well, which is of course an added bonus.
So what's the problem, you might ask? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure, but it does feel like something is holding me back. I'm hesitant. Why? Well... I've got the pros and cons list in my head and I suppose it's equally balanced.
And so I'll leave it to my readers out there, wherever you are. Would you say "money is money and I liked that place" and go for it, or would you think "I've been so relaxed and healthy whilst unemployed that I can't see this opportunity being beneficial"?
I'll let you know which way I decide to go...
2 comments:
Hmm....they want you back now? I don't know if you should go back. Sure, the money is good, but what about your contentment since leaving?
Would it be the same type of work that you were doing before that was causing your exhaustion and ill health?
I'd say take it, if and only if, it doesn't prevent you from searching for other possibilities/options that you want to pursue. Remember, having a job doesn't leave a lot of room for either soul searching or looking for another job!
Good luck with your decision....whatever way you decide to go.
xoxo,
Krish
Conundrum indeed! You do what's best for you. What does B think?
Post a Comment