November 24, 2008

Not cut out for corporate drone-dom

I still get asked what I'm doing with my time... how I'm coping. It's as if human beings are meant to be so conditioned to the idea of working for a living that by depriving them of that delightful experience they will go mad.

Well I for one refuse to go mad.

I also refuse to fill my time with meaningful busywork. Yes I do have my Christmas projects that I have been working on (and desperately need to finish), and yes I do have the occasional cleaning fit that results in an immaculate apartment... but I'm not going to go running around the city centre just because I think I should be "doing something" with my free time.

The only thing I am actually "doing" is taking care of myself. Listening to my body and judging how I feel every day, and finding things to do based on how I'm feeling. It's not rocket science, and it's working pretty well for me.

No comments: