April 4, 2008

Welcome to my world

Thanks for coming out! So this is blogging... welcome to the new millenium, K. Eventually I hope to have exciting, deep and meaningful musings, rants, writings and tirades on here, but in the meantime, I will attempt to answer the question: "Who or what is Verdandi?" (from my website address)

According to Wikipedia, she is one of the 3 norns in Norse mythology. Being of mostly Scandinavian origin myself, I kind of like that.

"Her name literally is the present tense of be or "to be" and is commonly translated as "in the making" or "that which is happening/becoming", related to the Dutch word worden and the German word werden, both meaning "to become". She is the present moment."

Basically I like that. Having adopted a "live for the now" mentality recently, I think it's appropriate. I am the present moment!

No comments: