April 23, 2008

Two-thirds moved and other exciting things...

Well I've done it. I am now about 2/3 moved in to the new apartment with B. The new place is wonderful, cozy and brand spanking new. We have a wonderful view out to Phoenix Park, close access to buses and the Luas (the tram) and the Museum of Modern Art just around the corner. I'll post photos as soon as I figure out how to do that on here.

Now if I could just get rid of the major train lines that run by the back of the building.

Seriously. What a way to wake up. Has anyone seen The Blues Brothers? Okay, it's not quite that bad, but there have been quite a few jokes made about that already.

In other news... The Boss is on holidays for 2 weeks (!!) so I'm now "in charge" - whatever that means (mostly being run off my feet, if yesterday is anything to go by!) So far it's going well, which I will need if the "save my job" campaign is to have any success.

Photo class is actually going a lot better now that I managed to guilt the instructor into explaining things s-l-o-w-l-y. Turns out I wasn't the only one that didn't understand a thing the other week. Now I can Photoshop like a... well... still like a beginner, but a better beginner! I have to do a "before and after" project for next week (our final week), so if anyone has any suggestions for photos that should definitely be part of my portfolio, please let me know!

That's it for now... I'm off to stare longingly out the window at the warm sunshine whilst being trapped in my office.

No comments: