April 27, 2009

I can haz awsum boyfriend? part II

So this weekend, before the imminent arrival of the parents, B decided we should go away to the country. As I've never been one to argue with his brilliant ideas, on Friday evening we headed down to Wicklow, to a picturesque little farmhouse called Ballyknocken. The added bonus? It's also a cookery school! And B, being the occasional forward planner that he sometimes can be, had also booked us in for a tapas cookery course on Saturday, and a gourmet dinner on the Friday night.

It was heaven. But there will be more of the weekend in a separate post. Something along the lines of "Cooking School Raves and Reviews, by K". I promise.

Well needless to say after cooking (and eating) far too much mini Spanish food (mmm... tapas), we decided it would be a good idea to go for a walk in the woods. That's one thing I love about Wicklow - it has hills that are trying so desperately to be mountains that you have to humour them by "hiking" them. Bless.

So we went for a leisurely stroll for a while... and then stopped by a huge tree with a beautiful view of the valley...


...and then he proposed. (insert girlish giggle here)


4 comments:

Mel said...

Aww...so sweet :) Congratulations to you both!

Itayi Viriri said...

Well, I say! Well done and congratulations. Really great news to bring in the summer!

K said...

Thanks you guys... needless to say we're fairly delighted. Updates as and when they happen!

Su-Lin said...

Congratulations!