May 15, 2010

Things already done!

That was quick!  Okay, a bit of clarification - I started making my 101 Things list AGES ago, but it took me so long to think of 101 things that some of them got done in the process.  For example:

#67 - Make a concerted effort to recycle
Thankfully when B and I moved out of our apartment, The New House comes complete with neighbourhood recycling.  All we have to do is throw anything recyclable (pretty much anything apart from glass!) into a clear plastic bag provided by the council, stick it on the curb every other Thursday, and the lovely recycling people take it away for us!  We don't even have to sort paper from plastics!  Score one for the environment.

#87 - Cash in all our copper coins stashed around the house - add to savings account
Before we moved we had two decent sized jars FULL of copper coins.  For those readers not in Ireland, we have 3 (count 'em, 3) types of copper coins - 1c, 2c and 5c.  So prior to The Big Move, B and I sorted them all, counted them, and then I took them to the bank and put them all into our shiny new joint account.  Turns out we had nearly €30 worth of useless copper coins!  Score!

And finally...

#92 - New mobile phone
Last Saturday I joined the ranks of People With iPhones.  I still have mostly no idea how to use it, or which apps are handy to have, or anything like that.  Although I do have a handy-dandy step counter!  It is a pretty nifty phone though... but I have a feeling it could be more useful.  Any and all app suggestions are welcomed!

So all in all I'd say that's a pretty decent start to my 101 Things list.  I've got a few more projects in the works, and I'll continue to write about them as and when they happen.  As an added incentive, I've decided that for each task I don't manage to finish by February 2013, I will donate €10 to charity.

No comments: