Hi blogosphere! Remember me? Okay, so I had a bit of a crazy hiatus (again) but with a new year comes a New Year's resolution to be better at blogging. And so I'll stick with tradition and present...
END OF 2009 SURVEY
What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I went back to school (I'm now a Public Relations professional!), got engaged (!!), travelled to Ethiopia... lots of things!
Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make any last year. This year it will definitely be to get smarter with the finances. I can do that now I have a job again!
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, this year seemed to be the Year of the Babies, and there were 2 new ones so welcome to the world, Hazel and Benjymyn! I've already secretly paired you up as Canadian boyfriend and Irish/German girlfriend. That would be super cute.
What countries did you visit?
Mostly Ireland and Canada, but I did have an amazing 5-day trip to Ethiopia at the end of November as the final result of my volunt-work. It was absolutely incredible and I can't wait to hopefully get back there with The New Job (I really should stop calling it that).
What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More holidays. Last year was pretty lacking. Even the trip to Ethiopia was for volunt-work. Although this year most of our holidays will involve weddings and wedding planning. Oh, and an excellent honeymoon, if all goes according to plan!
What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'll go all soppy on this question and say the day that B proposed... aww...
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'd have to say getting a job after 11 months worth of unemployment. With a charity. During a recession.
What was your biggest failure?
11 months of unemployment? No, I won't say that, because I volunteered and went back to school, so at least it was productive.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, apart from the usual head colds. Was finally diagnosed with IBS though... but that's manageable. Oh, and I had wicked altitude sickness my first day in Ethiopia. Stupid altitude migraine.
What was the best thing you bought?
Can't say I bought an awful lot last year.
Whose behavior merited celebration?
The board of directors who hired me! Yay for them! And B, for proposing!
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can't seem to think of anyone.
Where did most of your money go?
Mostly on trying to survive unemployment. Unemployment does a number on a girl's savings.
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Wedding plans... squee! :) And The New Job.
Compared to this time last year, you are:
a) happier or sadder? Happier, definitely!
b) thinner or fatter? Actually a little thinner!
c) richer or poorer? Poorer, unfortunately. 11 months of unemployment took their toll on my bank account.
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Getting out there, as always. It was tough this year, as Dublin is a very expensive town when you're unemployed.
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying. I know everything always works out in the end, but it doesn't stop me worrying in the meantime.
How did you spend Christmas?
Up at my grandmother's, surrounded by family... exactly the way it should be... except no snow this year until the 28th. No white Christmas for 2009.
How did you spend New Years?
Surrounded by my friends, and fussing over a baby. You know... as you do.
Did you fall in love in 2009?
I think I fall in love with B a little bit more every day. I'm so incredibly lucky to have him in my life.
What was your favourite TV programme?
Lost and Fringe, as always. And the Amazing Race, but we have to watch that online.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I don't waste time hating people.
What was your greatest musical discovery for 2009?
Finding out that The Tragically Hip were playing in Tripod at the beginning of December! Seeing Canada's biggest band performing in a tiny venue? Best. Birthday. Present. Ever. Thanks B!
What did you want and get?
A husband-to-be? :) And a new job, and Stamp 4 residency (no more work permits! Woo hoo!)
What was your favourite film of this year?
Hmm... I actually really liked Let The Right One In. In terms of blockbusters I liked Star Trek, Harry Potter 6 and the most recent Saw.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Aggh... I was 29. Am 29. Too close to 30. I spent the day at work, and then taking care of my future father-in-law, as my future mother-in-law had to have minor surgery that day.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing really... 2009 was pretty spectacular.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
As ever, the "I can't afford to go shopping but need to look professional" look.
What kept you sane?
Volunteering and going back to school. I have to keep busy or I go a bit mad.
What political issue stirred you the most?
I'd probably say the gay marriage debate worldwide.
Who did you miss?
As always, my friends and family back in Canada.
Who was the best new person you met?
My new coworkers (well, they volunteer), the people I've met through my PR course, B's friends from college that I finally met at his friend's wedding... everyone's been lovely.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Persistence pays off.
Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"You're the best friend... That I've ever had"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment